Image Map

Finally! Done with the my table and chairs

This is my table before, (can you tell I have a baby?) it is just solid wood, clear finish, very sturdy, and I like the look of it so I thought it would be easy to just refinish it. Then I decided to just paint it. Little did I know it would take me about 3 months to finish!



This is the whole dining area before, the blond wood with the yellow walls all faded together, and was very drab, the picture on the wall added nothing but boredom also. Everything was exactly the same color. ugh it needed an update.


The first thing I did was sand it all over, not even a hardcore sanding really only enough to rough it up, it was very hot that day back in late May. I wasn't a big fan of the sanding part.
Then we did 3 coats of brown paint, I wanted the brown to show through the black like aged a little. This was the most time consuming part because of the dry times.


It turned out like this. I like it, although it doesn't show up in real life very well, so for the chairs I skipped the brown and just did black, it was a little too much work for not enough results.

So I got done with the table and then I had to do the chairs, I was just going to have them recovered and paint them, but I couldn't find any fabric I liked and I was very ready to get this project done. The chairs set around the table primed for about a month. So little by little I carefully painted around the fabric. But finally it is done! I'm still working on the wall decor in this area. I love that star, but haven't come up with a solution for what to put with it. I also spray painted the tacky gold light fixture. It looks completely different and really adds to the table I think.

Before, Yuk! a little dusty

After MUCH better, cleaning it alone made it look different! lol

So here it is the whole dining area, it took forever, but I'm SO glad I did it, I feel like it really brings a new feeling to the space!

Pin It!

1 comment: