Image Map

Fabric Scrap Wreath

Hello! I wanted to share this fun wreath I made over the weekend with you guys.  It was really easy and best of all, I used everything I already had on hand! Score! 
I started off with my Valentines Wreath and took the red burlap off, which left me with a blank wreath. Then, wrapped it with strips of white flannel that I had left over from my Lamp Makeover.  My hubby got me a new sewing machine for Valentines Day, (I was so surprised and excited, by the way!)  So, I already had the fabric on hand too, from testing it out.
I knew I wanted to do a one sided look, like this one and this one.  And, after gathering my scraps this is how it turned out!

Once I wrapped the flannel all the way around, I scrunched and pinned, with straight pins, the polka dot and houndstooth fabric into place.  Very EASY! As for the D, I guess I did have to buy something, it was only like 1.99 though at Hobby Lobby. I think Hobby Lobby needs to sponsor me because I mention them in every post! ha! I am up there all the time, even Carter likes going to "Hobby Wobby". 
So anyway, I sprayed the D black and used a paint pen to give it a stitched look.  
Added a flower and bam that was it! 

I have so many scraps of stuff laying around the house, so it was really nice to reuse some of it! 

I also love how this can stay up through the summer because it is so bright and cheery. I can't stop making wreaths though, as you can see 3 of the 4 most popular posts are wreaths ------> 
LOL So, I'll probably get the itch to make another one before then. ;) 

Thanks for stopping by!!

Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. I love the colors you went with! It is so girlie. You are like a wreath queen.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath is great! I love how you added the intial to :) The colors go very well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that?! What a great welcome to anyone visiting your home.

    Jill
    www.jillstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out great! We're new followers - come check us out at bringingbeauty.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. What does your husband think of this awesome pinkness?


    I would love for you to follow my blog too so that we can share ideas!

    Your newest follower,
    Val @ http://cookcraftcrocheting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is great! Yes perfect for spring and summer! I keep seeing all these unique crafty wreaths and I really need to get on the bandwagon and make one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love the 'stitched' detail on the 'D'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun wreath!! And love the detailed "D"!

    Stopping by from See Vanessa Craft; I just posted my own scrap fabric creation so I had to click on yours : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I have fabric scraps and an old wreath form! I love this so much the colors are super fun and I think I can do it:)I would be so totally excited if you came over to link up at my party going on all weekend!
    Kim
    http://too-much-time.com/2012/03/get-schooled-saturday-14-list-plan-it-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kimberly, I love this! Found you at TT&J and am all about this wreath! I'm a sucker for monograms, and your colors are so fun too! I'd be just thrilled if you'd share this at my party, going on now!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/shine-on-fridays-19-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love any good ideas on how to use up fabric scraps!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors and the letter! Hope you stop by and share it at my Link Party as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like everyone else, I was totally drawn to the colors in this wreath. So pretty! Stopping by via Craftomaniac. Hope to see you around www.bearrabbitbear.com soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would be great for my daughter's room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Newest follower! :)
    Come visit my blog http://katlynlarson.blogspot.com

    You're so creative! I love this! :)

    ReplyDelete