Image Map

String Art Pumpkin Frame

Hello! Happy Fall Y'all! I don't think I'm quite southern enough to say y'all all the time, but I can't resist that little saying ;).  It is really starting to feel like Fall here in Oklahoma and I'm loving it.  For some reason it seems like I am a lot more crafty when the temps start to drop.  So with that, I've been on a spray paint binge.  I recently bought a can of gold metallic spray paint, I was so amazed at how well it covered, I've just been picking stuff up all around the house and just spraying them gold, lol.  
But anyway, back to the topic of this post, Fall crafts and and this String Art Frame!
A few weeks ago Bethany at Pitter and Glink posted an adorable back to school frame with string art and an apple, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. (seriously go check it out, so cute.)
I knew I wanted to make one, and with it being the beginning of pumpkin season, what better shape to use than that?

First, just like Bethany did, I sketched out a pumpkin shape onto paper.  Then nailed small nails along the outline.  After that I randomly strung string around the nails. I did the orange first and then the green for the stem.  I actually had this string on hand from an jewelry project I did a while back.  Love it when I can use stuff in my stash!
Once I had the stringing all strung, I thought it needed something more, so I taped off stripes and painted them a cream color.  I like how it added an element but didn't take away from the pumpkin. Plus stripes are about the easiest thing to do. 
This was so easy, my 4 year old even helped me nail some nails in.  I think it would be adorable with a heart or any other non seasonal shape!
I love string art of all kinds and this mini version really makes my heart skip a beat. :)
I hope its starting to feel like Fall where ever you are, thanks for stopping by! 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought of doing a frame with string art...this is such a cute project! This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday #21…it's live now! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?! I love your frame and your adorable pumpkin! Thanks for the link love too. ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete