Image Map

Pink and Teal Baby Shower

Over this past weekend I threw a baby shower for one of my best friends, Katy.  The past few weeks my other two girlfriends and I have been focused on all the details of it, we love throwing showers! And it is exciting to go from wedding showers to baby showers now.   
I thought I would share some of the elements we did, because I thought it turned out so cute! We first thought of a theme, more a color scheme, of pink and teal and burlap. 
We had such a great time celebrating, everyone was really FIRED up at one point...I'll get to that in a minute. ;)

A little welcome sign for the guests.

We took our sofa out of my living room to make room for table and chairs, we wanted everyone to be comfortable, and have a place to set their plate and drink.   It's always the worst trying to eat something with a fork while holding your drink! 
These adorable table runners were made by the other hostesses, Jennie and Jessica.  That's Jennie in the picture, she's another soon to be momma! 

It is always so fun to see your friends baby pictures and trying to imagine what their new little baby will be like! Jennie rounded up some branches from her yard and we made a little baby picture display, by clipping on the pictures with tiny close pins.  And I made the banner with burlap and my silhouette machine.

We loved the idea of writing advice or thoughts on a diaper, maybe it will give them a little laugh or smile during those 3am diaper changes. 

For me my favorite part of showers is always the food. ;)

Jessica made this beautiful cake! I'm in love with the ombre effect, she is an amazing cake decorator and it tasted great too! (Jes and I love making cakes she was my partner in the garden cake I posted about last year.)
Here I am with the mommy to be! We had such a fun day celebrating Katy and her little baby girl that's on the way!

I also made this sash for her a few weeks ago, I hadn't ever heard of a belly sash until she mentioned it to me.  It is amazing how quickly trends change about babies. Carter is only 4 and things have changed so much since he was a baby! I love this belly sash trend though, super cute!

So when I said everyone was fired up, I mean literally there was a fire in my living room at one point! 
It went kinda like this, the winner of one of the games got a prize, which had tissue paper in the bag.   Katy's mom opened the gift, and the tissue paper fell into a candle on the table.  Seconds after she gets the gift I heard a commotion and look over and Katy's mom is waving a flaming tissue paper, with a shocked/terrified look on her face, and the fire just kept growing!  No one knew what to do, I am stunned holding a piece of cake in my hand, Im pretty sure I was jumping up and down, like that would help things.  So the girl next to her mom grabs the tissue, by now it is just a ball of fire, she runs a few steps towards the door, with pieces of burning tissue paper flying off. At this point I thought, wow my house is literally going to go up in flames right now. lol.  I start to stomp a small piece of tissue that is flaming in front of me, and she can't hold the paper anymore since its all fire, it falls on the carpet and she frantically stomps it out, completely burning her shoe in the process.  
Finally it was all over, it seemed like 10 minutes but Im sure the whole thing was more like 30 seconds.  Phew! After we realized everything was safe we all started laughing and recapping the whole thing to each other.  We are so thankful no one was hurt or it wasn't worse! Once things settled down we went back into shower mode like nothing happened :)  It was a memorable day for sure!! Luckily we were able to get the burn spot out of the carpet too, so alls well that ends well! :)

We played Bingo as one of the games, I made a card for it and you can download it below if you would like to.  Just hit the arrow button in the bottom right.  For personal use only.
You can fill in the squares with items the mommy to be may receive as gifts, and as she opens them, the guests mark off the item if it is on their card. First to get five in a row wins.
We are throwing Jennie a baby shower in 3 weeks, she is having a boy so it will be fun to go in a totally different direction with hers, I don't think we will be using any candles either. ;)

post signature



Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Cute belly sash!! The fire situation will make for great laughs and great stories to tell Kelody in the years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all turned out great, burned tissue paper and all;) That diaper advice idea is so stinken cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! Please share it on Creative Crafts Thursday, www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com, and any of your favorite projects each and every week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Everything looked beautiful! The cake looks yummy!
    a homemaker's journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely decorations and that cake - OH MY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cake and the decorations. Showers are so much fun to plan and attend. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sash, the cake and the smille of future mom :D Thanks so much for sharing all. Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything was beautiful! I am not preggo but I need that sash...! I haven't tried my hand and making ribbon or fabric flowers yet (any tips??) but I'm inspired.
    I found you today thru Craft-O-Manic Linky Party, where I'm #318. I hope you will stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sash is cute, Cake is beautiful, the fire story was scary. Glad everything turned out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable. Aren't we all looking for a fresh way to celebrate a new baby. Thanks for taking a sometimes boring event and giving it a twist! We are starting a link up party on Thursdays (today:), and we would love for you to join us with this post and/or any others you would like to include. We are at allthingswithpurpose.com. Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Kim! Excited to have come across your blog today! Looks like lots of fun here! :*) Now following you via GFC & would love to have you stop by and say "hello" @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com!
    Have a fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and adorable and so girly! Definitely one of the best baby shower ideas for girls that I have come across with. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete