Image Map

Garage Sale Find

Ok before I started to read all these blogs out there I really had no interest in garage sales, and especially the Goodwill. Well that has changed. After reading this blog I was inspired! She does amazing transformations using things she finds at Goodwill and garage sales.

I love crafty stuff and didn't realize I could use that "skill" to transform junk into things that look new, (ok maybe different, not new :) ). Once I saw thrifty decor chicks blog my mind was racing with ideas. So I started garage saleing;
I found this...It's a tray for $2. This is the back of it because I was so excited about redoing it, I forgot to take a before picture of the front. It looked the same, with painted flowers in the middle. So after some spray paint, I turned it into this...

To do the letters I printed out our name from word, in font I liked, then used an exacto knife to cut it out. (I have a lot of time on my hands at work sometimes). Then used a sponge brush to add green paint. SO easy! Here is a better explanation of the stenciling.

I just love doing these things! I like to think about who may have painted the tray in the first place, when was it and where did it come from? What all has this little tray seen over its life, ya know!? Ok anyways...

I found this little gem at the Goodwill, its my current project. My projects take a few weeks to complete. I only do about 30 minutes of work on them at a time, because of the little guy.

This thing is really hideous. But I think I can make it into something cute! Hopefully.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment