Image Map

10 diy light fixtures


I don't think I have had a room in my house that I am 100% done with, I am always changing, painting, or switching out stuff.  I don't think it ever ends, I always think, I just need this, this, or this, then I will be done.  But then I get other ideas and it goes on and on.  And a lot of time my ideas stay just that.. ideas.  That is what this blog is all about, trying to get my ideas into action!

One of the many things I have on my radar to do is right now is a new light fixture for our dining area.  As of now we have a standard light fixture that basically every builder puts in a home.  I did paint it a brownish black a couple of years ago to cover up the shiny brass.  I still want to use the same fixture, just add to it or cover it some how.   There are so many fun and unique DIY light fixtures out there! Here 10 inspiring projects that have my wheels turing!

What I love most about these, is that they are recycled materials.

Amazing, I love love love this look! It looks so light and airy, but definitely makes a statement!

This is has to be one of my favorites, I love the shape, the wispy edges! It looks so complex, but is just done with paper. Brilliant! 

Another great one made from paper, these are cupcake wrappers. Nice, very nice.

At first I thought these were embroidery hoops, but they were actually made from a bamboo window shade that she took apart.  Seriously? Some people are so creative!
THESE embroidery hoops really could be used to get the same effect! 

This made from veneer edging is sleek and modern, Im thinking this would be cool painted a color too.

A ping pong ball lamp is pretty smart.  I'm seriously liking this... hmmm.
How cute would this be in a playroom or kids room using THESE colorful ping pong balls?!

This drum shade seems like it would be the least amount of work, compared to the others anyway. I love the green quatrefoil design, and the simplicity of the shape.

Is it a basket? No, its repurposed cardboard! I love the way the light shows through the different layers, really beautiful!

source: can't find the source, if you know let me know!
Plastic spoons make this petal look! So cool.  

Can you tell what this is made of?? Remember the fortune tellers from elementary school? Yea it's a bunch of those. Mind = blown. lol

Well, I have lots of ideas swirling in my head now!! I'm thinking of mixing a couple of these together.  If only they are as easy to make as I think they will be :) Famous last words right?
Has anyone else made their own light fixture? Was it harder than you thought?

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I am the same kim! Not a single room in my house is completed and we have lived there for 4 years!! neat looking bunch of DIY lights. They would definately be a conversation piece:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see what you come up with! There was an episode of the Nate Berkus Show recently where a blogger was on there who decorates with up-cycled items. He made a light fixture out of those plastic rings that hold bottled drinks together. It looked awesome! Here's the link to the video segment. http://www.thenateshow.com/videos/detail/3565/blogger-diy/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberly!

    Um, I will take one of each please! Great round up! Thanks for linking up to the CHQ blog hop this week! See you again next week!
    Barbara @ Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of them! What a hard decision...

    I am stopping by from Thee Networking hop! Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can.

    I am co hosting the GFC hop! Feel free to link up!
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete