Image Map

Garden Cake {Yay for Spring!}

I am so excited that spring is here! It is my favorite season, everything is so fresh and bright, it's just a happy time!
Since it is Spring, and garden season, I wanted to share this cake my friend and I made last year.
The Garden Cake
This was for our other friend who started her own garden last Spring.  This is my favorite cake I have made.  My friend Jessica and I worked on this together and I think it is just so cute! For one, I love tiny things, and tiny food, just makes me want to squeal! ;) I can't get enough of cakes that look like something else!!

We had three colors of green, red, and orange coloring that we mixed with white fondant to make the veggies.   The dirt is crushed up Teddy Grahams.  
This was really fun to do, and not too hard, it just took a long time to get all those little details done!  If you haven't ever worked with fondant, you should, it'll take you back to the days of playing with play-doh.  Or if you're like me with a toddler, you probably already have a lot of play-doh practice. :)
It was tough to cut into the agricultural masterpiece ;) but it was fun while it lasted!! 

And since I am just so happy it is Spring I thought I would share some more tiny adorableness that made my heart skip a beat :)

I hope you have a wonderfully Springy weekend! :)




Photobucket
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Such a cute cake. Was the fence also fondant? I love the idea for dirt. I've made lots of themed cakes in my day, but never with fondant. I usually use candies and fruit roll-up of all different shapes and colours to form what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, my veggies would look like blobs though, so I would just do "dirt" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out of town! You made this? It is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stinking adorable Kim! I love it!...I'm with you, those little tiny veggies melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Overflowing with Creativity Party! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, that's amazing! love the details, like the lettuce. i bet your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable. I do cakes too, so I was definitely drawn to this post on the Craft-O-Maniac link up. I just love it. Your vegis are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I am sharing it with my girlfriend that makes cakes! Your friend had to love this!!!!! Stopped in from COM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!! Like really!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It's such an original idea with a great eye for detail. have pinned it with my other cake inspiration posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!

    I'm a new (email) follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is that??!!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Awesome cake. I am visiting your blog from Kelley's blog hop...and I look forward to following you! I'm definitely going to try to make a garden cake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kimberly, What a beautiful cake! Thanks for visiting my blog this morning. You'll have to ignore the first comment I sent to you, I clicked on the wrong link and didn't have your blog at first. Now that I've found you I'll be sure to stop by again. You should be so proud of this cake!!

    ReplyDelete