Image Map

I made dinner

And it actually came out good! My best friend Jennie would make this "Chicken with a Kick" when we lived together. I don't know if she made it up or not but it was always delicious, so I thought I would try it out. Pretty much anything I know about cooking I learned from Jennie while we were roommates. She was our own personal chef, ha ha :) Chad's a lucky man to marry her!


Ok so the version I made was a little different because I couldn't remember exactly how she did it.

First I cut out the middle of 4 jalapenos

Then stuffed each one with cheese that I had mixed with taco seasoning.

I mixed about 1/4 cup of sour cream with the same amount of salsa and layered the bottom of my casserole dish with the mix. I also sprinkled cut up onions on this layer.

Then I took the jalapenos and rolled them up into a chicken breast, and put a toothpick in to secure it.

After that I covered the rolled up breast with crunched up chips ( I used the "scoops with a hint of jalapeno" kind of chips)

Then put them all in the casserole dish sprinkled more cheese around and baked it for 50 minutes on 350. We added a little side of spiral mac and cheese! YUM!

I need to work on my camera skills! :)

It was really good! The sour cream mixture made it extra juicy and the chips added a little flavor too. It was SO easy to make.

I'm not much of a cook (at all) this is only the 3rd meal I've made for Jamie. ever. Oh well! I'm starting to like cooking now. I realized you can just throw whatever you like together and it probably will come out tasty!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... I'm gonna have to try the salsa sour cream mix at the bottom! Last time I made these, they didn't come out that good!

    ReplyDelete